- 25.8 million people in the United States (8.3% of the population) have diabetes. Of these, 7.0 million have undiagnosed diabetes.
- There are an estimated 440,000 Latinos in New York alone living with Diabetes on a daily basis
- In 2010, about 1.9 million new cases of diabetes were reported. If current trends continue, 1 of 3 U.S. adults will have diabetes by 2050.
- Among adults, diabetes is the leading cause of new cases of blindness, kidney failure, and amputations of feet and legs not related to accidents or injury.
- Diabetes was the seventh leading cause of death listed on U.S. death certificates in 2007.
- A person with diabetes has a shorter life expectancy and about twice the risk of dying on any given day
Ayudanos- Together we can Stop Diabetes. One step at a time. It is our symbolic PRIMER PASO (First Step) to helping fight the diseases among Latinos nationwide.
PLEASE DONATE TODAY as we’ve started with an easy $4000 goal but would love to multiply that many times to help all our Latino hermanos y hermanas fight this disease. We will be posting new stories of our beloved community members who are fighting Diabetes. HELP US HELP THEM- AYUDANOS!!!
Abrazos- Virtual Hugs from our Team