Blog Carnival for Spina Bifida – Raise Funds & Awareness for the Cause
Promoting Awareness of Spina Bifida
October is Spina Bifida Awareness Month and to help increase awareness about Spina Bifida, we’re joining Laurita Tellado of HoldinOutforaHero.org and Angélica Pérez of NewLatina.net in a Blog Carnival Fundraiser to raise funds for Laurita’s Walk-n-Roll event on October 29th. Through Laurita’s Walk-n-Roll fundraiser and this blog carnival, she hopes to educate more families about Spina Bifida and gain support for her Spina Bifida Association (SBA) chapter in central Florida.
Laurita isn’t new to the topic of Spina Bifida, she’s a lifetime advocate who was herself born with Spina Bifida and she has made it her life’s goal to raise awareness and secure medical care and support for families who are coping with Spina Bifida.
We Need Your Support
Here’s where you come in. We’re reaching out to our community to help Laurita with her cause and to support these amazing families who give back every day. Now it’s our turn to give back. We want to invite you to participate in this fundraiser. Our hope is to have 100 bloggers participate in this event and your support we’ll help us get there.
How you can help:
- Upload the pre-written post on October 25th, 2011 and leave your link in the comments below so we can add it to the carnival post for this fundraiser.
- Write your own unique intro to go with the post and share your experience or why this cause matters to you.
- Spread the word on Facebook and Twitter asking others to donate and join in by adding a post to their own blogs.
- Donate to Laurita’s Walk-n-Roll fundraiser here: Laurita’s Chipin Page. As little as $5 can make a big impact for the cause.
- Add the blog carnival badge and grab code to your blog and help promote the event.
Preferred Post Title: “Knowledge Conquers Fear: October is Spina Bifida Awareness Month”
Download the .doc version of the post here [http://newlatina.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Walk-n-RollFundraiserPost.doc] or copy and paste the HTML below
COPY & PASTE CODE FOR THIS POST
- BADGE CODES -
–>160×150 badge & grab code<--
–>250×230 badge & grab code<--