This interview features Margo Porras background, blogging experience and her love of Charro (yes, Charro). You’re going to be in love with her and Charro after this interview as well.
1. Something interesting about your blog is that you have a background as an Interior Designer. How has your background helped you with blogging? What differentiates your blog from others?
I read A LOT of blogs! I always say that the #1 mistake that most bloggers make is that they forget that the internet is a VISUAL MEDIUM. Being a designer, I know that the look of my blog is an integral part of the content and my readers’ overall impression of me. What makes every blog special is the blogger’s point of view. In my case, I like to say that Nacho Mama’s Blog is “The Nate Berkus Show meets Charo at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.” So far I’ve lived a life full of design, salsa and bellylaughs, with just enough drama to make me want to stick around until the end. Along the way I’ve picked up an EXTREMELY diverse collection of interests from Beethoven to blackjack, plus many tips for living a life that’s lovable, no matter what gets thrown into the mix.
5. What advice would you have for a mother who is thinking about starting a blog but may not know where/how to begin? What can you tell them about maintaining balance between home and work?
6. Tell us about three people that you admire and why?
7. What is your favorite life or business quote?
8. What is the most important business habit you have?
9. Are there any exciting campaigns you are currently working out you would like to share with our readers?
10.Will we see you at BlogHer 2011 Conference? What session are you most excited about?
YES YOU WILL! I’m most excited for “We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Recession: Frugal Blogging Is Always in Fashion ” just because the title is so intriguing! And then, of course, there are the parties.
Do you have an interesting story to tell? Would you like to nominate a Latina Mom Blogger member to be featured on Latina Mom Bloggers? Sign up for Latina Mom Bloggers Featured Blogger Program or feel free to contact me at eva [at] latinamombloggers.com.